The PNB account holder can transfer fund 24X7 within the Bank or Other Bank Accounts. PNB IMPS works on urgent basis as IMPS stands for Immediate Payment Service.
The Funds can be transferred using MMID & Mobile Number or Account Number & IFSC.
The best thing about IMPS is you can use this service. IMPS works even on Bank Holidays such as Saturday, Sunday and other Holiday.
Means you can use this service throughout the year. The customer can do IMPS using the following facility.
How to do Registration of PNB IMPS through ATM – One-time activity
Please follow the below-mentioned step in order to do Registration of PNB IMPS through ATM. It is a one-time activity.
- Inset Your Debit Card at any of the PNB ATM
- Select “Fund Transfer” Option on the Screen.
- Select “Immediate Payment Service” or IMPS.
- Then, Select “Registration” option on the screen.
- Enter “Mobile Number” registered with Punjab National Bank for SMS Alerts.
- Confirm Mobile Number by re-entering the same Mobile Number.
- All the account linked to the card will be displayed on the screen.
- Select any one account number & press submit.
- On Successful response, the message will be displayed – Transaction Processed Successfully & MMID of the account will be printed on the receipt.
- In case of Invalid/mismatched mobile number, the activity will be declined with response code 98.
How to do PNB IMPS Fund Transfer through ATM?
In order to do IMPS Fund Transfer using ATM. Please follow the below-mentioned step.
- Insert Your Debit Card at any of the PNB ATM.
- Select on “Fund Transfer” option on the screen.
- then “Immediate Payment Service” IMPS.
- Select “Fund Transfer” on the screen.
- Enter the Beneficiary’s Mobile Number.
- Enter the amount to be transferred.
- Select Account type – Saving or Current.
- The system will display all the account mapped to the account type. Choose the desired account number.
- Confirmation Screen will be displayed stating entered Beneficiary Mobile Number, MMID & Amount.
- Check the details & Press “Proceed” button.
- On Successful response ATM will display the message – Transaction Processed successfully and reference Number & Amount will be printed on the receipt.
PNB IMPS FAQs:
- What is IMPS?
Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) is an instant interbank electronic fund transfer service.
The bank is extending it through various channels such as ATM, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, etc.
All the Public Sector & Major Private Banks are participating in IMPS.
- What is MMID?
Mobile Money Identification Number (MMID) is a seven digit unique number for an account, out of which the first four digits are the unique identification number of the bank offering IMPS.
PNB customers can generate the MMID through Mobile banking, Internet banking & ATMs.
What is the daily limit of the transaction through IMPS in PNB?
Rs. 50,000/- per day. However, through SMS & NUUP variants, the limit is Rs.5000/- per day.
- What details are required in Order to add beneficiary an IMPS remittance?
In Order to add a beneficiary to the account to transfer fund. Below mentioned will be required.
MMID based transfer:
MMID of the beneficiary
Mobile number of the beneficiary
Name of the beneficiary
- IFSC based transfer:
Account Number of the beneficiary
Name of the beneficiary
To enquire the IFSC Code Click Here
- How long does it take for the funds to be credited to the beneficiary account?
The funds transfer on real time basis without any delay
- Can a client receive remittance using the mobile number other than the one registered with the bank?
The customer can receive funds using the registered mobile number only.
- What are the charges for IMPS Transfers?
Bank charges Rs.5/- + Service tax per IMPS transfer. However, for updated information, please visit Fees link at Bank’s Corporate website www.pnbindia.in.